In this post I share some feature requests or ideas which I would like to see and have in Microsoft Teams. Maybe you would like to have one or the other features in Teams, too, so don’t hesitate to vote for that via the Microsoft Teams User Feedback Forum.
Wish List on the Microsoft Teams User Feedback Forum
- Ability to use Teams Direct Routing numbers for Call Queues / Auto Attendants
- Ability to modify call forwarding as admin, e.g. if a user becomes unavailable due to sickness or else it’s helpful to have this ability, not to generally manage this only under certain circumstances
- Ability to modify call delegation as admin, same as above, see call fwd.
- Compact mode (see Skype for Consumer, there you can switch to a compact mode (contact list, chat list, phone roaster/dial pad …)
- Ability to send and receive screenshots and also files within a federated chat (for Teams AND SFB federation)
- Ability for second phone number assignment instead of call forwarding, e.g. reception (in SFB there was a thing called private line which you could configure via shell)
- Ability to federate with Skype for Consumer
- Personal Outlook Contact List integration (especially for calling, I’m not keen on copy and paste phone numbers from a contact stored in Outlook/Exchange and paste it into Teams, it would be a huge benefit to have a “unified contact store” or “unified contact search/aggregation view”)
- Ability to configure ringtones depending on who calls (see SFB Client) this allows to differentiate acoustically who calls (direct call, delegated call incoming, team group call incoming …, disable a ringtone for a caller type/only bottom right corner call notification popup)
Conclusion, opinion and summary
The above features are just ideas and wishes on what I would like to see and have in Microsoft Teams in the future. There might be workaround solutions to get things done but I would prefer a non-workaround solution which is streamlined with the Microsoft Teams user or admin experience. Please also vote for one or more of the above “wishes” if you also would like to have this in Microsoft Teams.
Please note that voting on the User Feedback Forum is of course just a suggestion and without any binding or obligations for any party.