In this post I provide an overview on key capabilities with modern meetings with Microsoft Teams. It enables you and your fellow co-workers for modern meetings [almost] anywhere, anytime and on [almost] any device.
Microsoft Teams offers you the following key capabilities for meetings but are not limited to these:
- online meetings
- audio conferencing
- video conferencing
- interactiv application and desktop sharing
- dialin phone numbers from 65+ countries around the world
- versatile clients and devices (mobiles, rooms, browsers, Windows, Linux)
- recording – transcript – for many languages (speech-to-text to transcript)
- calendar integration (Outlook, Exchange, Teams)
Do more with Microsoft Teams Meetings
Microsoft Teams enables for modern meetings so that you can easily communicate and collaborate, either in a planned or scheduled meeting. No matter if you are in transit, in a meeting room, at a desk or any other space. The things you need are the right equipment as well as a sufficient connection, i.e. Internet or in case you are in transit at least cell coverage to dialin by phone.
Microsoft and partners offer many certified devices for Microsoft Teams depending on your needs and requirements to get that modern meeting experience for your users. Therefore you can get a glimpse on the “Microsoft Teams enabled devices” page to explore and discover what kind of devices are available and what devices are suited for which meeting space or scenario.
Basically, there you can find
- Headsets | user devices
- Speakerphones | lightweight and compact user/room equipment
- Desk phones | IP phones for users, lobby or other user cases
- Room systems | for collaboration in meeting rooms and spaces
- Conference phones | for conference rooms
- Cameras | for users, rooms and other spaces
Conclusion, opinion and summary
Modern meetings with Microsoft Teams are easy and offer all the above key capabilities which are important to users today. Users get enabled to do more with Teams meetings and make meetings more productive and more fun, too, because client and device capabilities are available and easy to use and access with no frills and unhandy controls or preparation tasks for a Teams meeting. You can just meet, collaborate and focus on what you need to do.
In this post I want to notify about the release of the latest Audiocodes One Voice Operations Center (OVOC) version and briefly explain what OVOC is and where it might help you.
In OVOC 7.6.1116 some remarkable features were added to the product as well as some changes were made to overcome limitations of previous versions.
What’s Audiocodes OVOC?
The One Voice Operations Center is a single pane of glass which helps you to manage voice endpoints and voice service in your voice infrastructure and network. It enables you via browser to globally manage voice devices, monitor your voice network service/s, support you to troubleshoot issues within your voice network (also with SFB) and it provides rich reporting to gain insights.
There are two versions available: Basic and Advanced. The basic version provides (only) device management.
What’s new in Audiocodes OVOC 7.6?
- Dashboard at the OVOC landing page
- Monitoring improvements for Audiocodes device performance
- Increased number call exports
- SmartTAP Call Recording Support
- FQDN authentication support with SSL
- LDAP support for multi-tenant environments
- Jabra and Poly (formerly Polycom) VVX device support in the Device Manager (more in product notice #0356)
- New OVOC agent for device management
Conclusion, opinion and summary
In my opinion OVOC is a must if you deploy several (voice) devices across your enterprise to have the ability to centrally manage and monitor these devices and the voice service operation. The more components the more important and inevitable it becomes. Especially, if your responsibility is to ensure a good voice user experience you should definitely consider to deploy OVOC for your Audiocodes voice network if not done yet.
- Audiocodes Product Notice #0356 + #0358 (Blog)
- Audiocodes Product Notice #0358 (PDF release notes download)
- Audiocodes Product Notice #0356 (PDF release notes download)
- Audiocodes OVOC
- Audiocodes Services Portal (to download OVOC, as registered user)
- Audiocodes Insights from Microsoft Ignite Tour EMEA (video)
In this post I’d like to highlight and share resources about Teams devices and IP Phones. Does one of the following questions or even both apply to you?
- Are you planning to transition your conference rooms to collaborative spaces and rooms?
- Are you planning to migrate telephony completely or partially to Microsoft Teams?
In both cases, to begin planning, I recommend to browser to and do not miss to check the below links. Microsoft as well as third-party vendors offer a wide range of devices to cover your needs by leveraging the Microsoft Teams platform. The best place to go and check for (certified) devices is the “Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace”. There you’ll find …
- Speaker phones
- Desk phones
- Room systems
- Conference phones and
Conclusion, opinion and summary
I recommend to take a look on the linked pages to get an overview on available certified devices.
If you are about to start your journey towards Microsoft Teams it might help you assess your users/rooms /spaces requirements and to create suited personas (e.g. 6-Seat-Room –> Surface Hub, Office Information Worker –> Notebook + wired Headset, Assistant –> Notebook + Mobile + Teams IP Phone xyz).
- Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/across-devices/devices/category?devicetype=34
- Microsoft Teams IP Phones and Intune Enrollment https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-IP-Phones-and-Intune-Enrollment/ba-p/330432
- Bringing Intelligent Communication in Microsoft Teams across devices https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Bringing-Intelligent-Communications-in-Microsoft-Teams-across/ba-p/170324
- Manage your devices in Teams https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/device-management
- Microsoft Surface Hub https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-hub
- Yealink T58A series: https://www.yealink.com/products_43.html
- Audiocodes C450HD Native Teams IP Phone (Demo): AudioCodes C450HD Native Microsoft Teams IP Phone