This post highlights two market recognitions for Microsoft by Gartner. First of all, Microsoft is listed as a leader in the Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) worldwide, 2021. Moreover, Microsoft is also a leader in the MQ for Meeting Solutions 2021.
Gartner is a well-known global company focused on technology research and consulting. The MQ are the outcomes of their independent analysis on the market segment and area. The MQs are usually published annually by Gartner.
For the MQs charts and details on the metrics and criteria you can find the link below in the additional resources space.
Microsoft is recognized as a leader for UCaaS the third time and already the 15th time for meeting solutions.
What does it say in a nutshell for UCassS?
What are the key aspects and results on Microsoft’s UCaaS offering? Let’s mark strengths with a leading + and weaknesses with a leading -. This is only a summary and not complete.
- + Extensive growth and adoption of Microsoft Teams
- + Partners delivering added-value services, solutions and hardware to complete the UC portfolio for Microsoft Teams
- + Low priced calling plans are attractive for small and midsize businessess (SMBs) to jump on the cloud telephony train
- – No unified administration
- – No advanced telephony features (comment by Erik: partner services/solutions needed if required)
- – No contact center capabilities (comment by Erik: partner services/solutions needed if required)
What does it say in a nutshell for meeting solutions?
What are the key aspects and results on Microsoft’s meeting solution? Let’s mark strengths with a leading + and weaknesses with a leading -. This is only a summary and not complete.
- + Unified client experience
- + Steady enhancement and improvement
- + Good cost/performance ratio
- – Complex administration [administration across Microsoft 365 admin centers] (comment by Erik: using standards, implement governance and automation at the start right away can help to minimize day-by-day administration)
- – Overwhelming, complex and large license options
Conclusion, opinion and summary
Both reports provide a holistic view and external insight on Microsoft’s communication and collaboration services. They provide a very positive feedback and view. However, the reports also show room for improvement and weaknesses compared to other UCaaS and meeting solutions. The questions is what to do with these? Well, Microsoft is continuously working on their products and services to make them better. We can read that there are many things on their roadmap although it is also important to understand that Microsoft is a partner company, meaning that Microsoft is providing platforms where partners can extend the existing features and capabilities, e.g. meeting devices, IP phones, contact center and much more.
- Gartner recognizes Microsoft as Leader in Unified Communications as a Service and Meetings Solutions – Microsoft 365 Blog
- Gartner Reprint Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide
- Gartner Reprint Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions
- What We Do and How We Got Here | Gartner
- Gartner – Wikipedia