Microsoft announced a few helpful and nice new features regarding administration of Teams. First of all, there are admin roles to manage different parts of Teams, e.g.
- Teams Service Administrator: Overall Teams admin
- Teams Communication Administrator: Meetings/calling admin
- Teams Communication Support Engineer: Advanced call analytics admin.
- Teams Communication Support Specialist: Basic call analytics admin.
Additionally, you’ll be able to manage all of your (enterprise) Teams by using the Teams Admin Center. Pretty nice feature.
For automation Microsoft added also some new features to the Graph API. These now enable you as administrator to manage and automate the Teams lifecycle! You can …
- … provision large groups
- … automatically create a team space as well as channels
- … deploy apps in a team space and channels
For details and more information you can read the details on the blog post by Microsoft (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/New-Provide-a-great-Teams-experience-with-improved-manageability/ba-p/288059). Also take a look on the dev tutorials referenced in Microsoft’s blog post video.