In this post I like to share exciting news on a low-code AI service for your starting to enable AI for your company using Microsofts Power Platform.
In June 2019 Microsoft launched the AI Builder preview. This AI builder enables your users to build easy Power Platform-based business solutions enriched with artificial intelligence (AI).
What is the Microsoft Power Platform?
The Microsoft Power Platform offers capabilities to build solutions to solve business problems without coding or with little coding skills. It includes mainly the following services:
- Microsoft Flow –> to automate processes
- Microsoft Power BI –> to visualize data
- Microsoft Power Apps –> app platform to build apps for input and output
I’ll not dig deeper into a detailed explanation, therefore I add some links at the bottom of this post for your self-study and to get started.
What’s AI builder?
As the name already tells, AI builder offers to a service to build an AI-enriched solution in conjunction with the Power Platform. So? Well, what can I do now? As of now you can use the following AI capabilities:
- Object detection –> e.g. identify and track your products
- Prediction –> e.g. predict / forecast business outcomes based on as-is and historical business data
- Text classification –> e.g. map text input of a customer feedback to a value
- Form processing –> e.g. extract form-based inputs within a flow an process it
Conclusion, opinion and summary
In my opinion AI builder is a great option to get started with building AI enriched business processes to increase your business process efficiency. The most meaningful advantages of AI builder are:
- Easy to use (no or low code, “click it together”)
- For every skill level
- Extensible (integrate/use with Microsoft Power Platform & Dynamics 365)