In the past I wrote a post regarding migrating a single capability, Teams telephony workloads, from a source to a target Office 365 tenant. In this post I like to emphasize a new third party service and its capability which can help to accomplish a complete Teams Tenant-to-Tenant migration.
BitTitan, a third party service provider for service automation, announced their new service to migrate Teams from a source to a target tenant. It enables companies who need to merge or split Teams into or off another Office 365 tenant.
BitTitan MigrationWiz Teams Tenant-to-Tenant Migration
MigrationWiz enables for migrating the following Team workloads:
- Teams instance and the individual components
- Files within that instance
On top the service offers a pre-migration assessment
- to analyze the number of Teams to be migrated
- to analyze the amount of data to be migrated
- to analyze the number of users to be migrated
The above described service capabilities are subject to change at anytime. The described capabilities are just a high-level overview. I recommend to read the lastest service provider’s service specification etc. before.
Conclusion, opinion and summary
I dealt with a few Microsoft Office 365 Tenant-to-Tenant migration due to different business requirements. However, it was very much to do and script. Now, MigrationWiz seems to really simplify the complete process for Office 365 Tenant-to-Tenant migrations regarding Microsoft Teams.
As of now [July 2019] there are only a few service providers out there offering a service to smoothly migrate Teams from Tenant-To-Tenant as far as I could see. So, BitTitan MigrationWiz is now an option to speed up, simplify and automate your T2T migration batches for Teams, too.
- Migrate Microsoft Teams with MigrationWiz
- BitTitan Introduces Microsoft Teams Migration Capabilities to MigrationWiz
- Bittitan MigrationWiz for Teams
- Architecture approaches for Microsoft cloud tenant-to-tenant migrations
- How to port Microsoft Phone System phone numbers between Office 365 Tenants? [erik365]