In this post I describe where you can start to get more details (figures!) about the Microsoft (Office) 365 adoption at your company.
There are many different ways to gain insights. But if you rolled out different Office 365 services at your company there’s already quite a lot of valuable data. Where? Well, you know all the admin dashboards in the different Office 365 admin centers, right? So, these dashboards are good start to see what’s adopted but what about a more holistic view?
Of course you, could build a new dashboard in PowerBI by attaching different data sources, Graph API etc. But why not utilizing available tools? Is there any?
Microsoft 365 usage analytics
Yes, there is and it delivers you the following information:
- Adoption overview report
- Product usage report
- Storage used report
- Communication report
- Collaboration report
- Office activation report
- Access from anywhere report
- Individual service usage reports
- Individual service user activity reports
What do have to do for this?
There is not much to do.
- Enable Microsoft 365 usage analytics [see link at the bottom]
- Navigate and utilize the reports in Microsoft 365 usage analytics [see link at the bottom]
- Read the reports
- Apply measures to drive adoption in the spaces where it is required
- Review monthly
- Go back to 3. [infinite loop / continuous [adoption] improvement process –> learning never ends ;-)]
Conclusion, opinion and summary
Before you start to build your own reports you might want to start with what’s available at your fingertips! I had the chance to test and it’s ready within minutes. So, you can view report data. What you finally need to do is to check what information you receive and conclude your next steps to drive adoption in weak areas by adequate measures, e.g. awareness campaign, training/education or other means of communications to drive adoption of Office 365 services within your company (as needed).