In this post I like to reference to a comprehensive video playlist regarding Microsoft Teams Security and Compliance. It contains eight short videos covering different and important topics for your collaboration security focusing on Microsoft Teams. The author of the YouTube videos is Matt Soseman, Security Architect at Microsoft.
Basically, Microsoft 365 services are secure by design, however there are settings and configuration aspects which might not yet be enabled by default. That’s why it is important to know what’s available to set it up to make your collaboration even more secure. Please find the link at the bottom Security & Compliance in Microsoft Teams [YouTube Playlist].
The following Teams related topics are covered in the the playlist:
- Identity and access management
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Intune Mobile Application
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- (Windows) Information Protection
- Cloud App Security and third party storage
- Cloud App Security and Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Unified SecOps w/ Microsoft Threat Protection
Conclusion, opinion and summary
The duration for each video is below six minutes although the most important aspects are mentioned. These videos are an impressive summary for security and compliance capabilities related to Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365.
In my opinion the videos are very good to get an overview on what security capabilities are available and to get a glimpse on how it works to help you.