In this post I describe what Microsoft Outlook Spaces (Preview) aka Project Moca is and how to enable the preview of it. Recently, Microsoft made Outlook Spaces available as preview.
What are Microsoft Outlook Spaces?
Spaces is a new way and service to manage and organize yourself and others at a central placed and in a more appealing look and feel.
Key capabilities are as follows:
- organize different things in one space in buckets
- take notes, define tasks and track targets
- save and manage files in OneDrive and other 3P storage services
- create links, contacts and mails
- manage and integrate Outlook tasks, Microsoft To Do, Teams and Office documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) centrally
- manage calendars/appointments
- add some gimmicks like locations and weather
How to enable Outlook Spaces (Preview)?
To enable Outlook Spaces you can connect to Exchange Online by using PowerShell and enable the feature for the default or better a certain OwaMailboxPolicy.
Please note: In case you want to test this you might want to create a new OwaMailboxPolicy and assign to a test user (group) and enable it than. I recommend to test this in your test environment first.
#https://docs.microsoft.com/powershell/module/exchange/set-owamailboxpolicy Connect-ExchangeOnline Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | fl name, *moca* Set-OwaMailboxPolicy OwaMailboxPolicy-Default -ProjectMocaEnabled $true #check user OwaMailboxPolicy assignment Get-CASMailbox erik...@domain.tls | fl *owa* Disconnect-ExchangeOnline
After enabling the preview it can take some time until you are able to test it. So, if you open Outlook Spaces you might see “Under construction”, which means that you need to be patient and check it again later.