In this blog post I want to highlight a changed and new user experience called Communities for Microsoft Teams Free. The Communities helps people organizing themselves in groups using Teams Free, it’s no extra app or service. There are plenty of use cases to use Teams Free to organize a community, let’s say for a local sport’s club, a fan club or your neighborhood.
What does Communities help with?
The new experience helps you to start with Teams Free and provides templates for organizing your community so that you do not have to start from scratch. In our hybrid world not just people in businesses and companies switching between digital and physical on-site activities. In short the new Teams Free Community experience can help you and your community with the following:
- share messages with everyone in the group
- organize events in the group
- make the event visible to everyone in the group with a integrated community calendar
- document sharing and collaboration
- content filtering to search and find photos, videos, events, and links.
Conclusion, opinion and summary
In my opinion having some templates to start with Teams Free to organize a community and group of people is beneficial because this provides you with a quick start. Furthermore if you start with Teams Free the first time on the mobile you directly see the new experience and are guide to the template lists in order to start right away.
- Microsoft Teams Communities | Microsoft Teams
- Create a community in Microsoft Teams | Microsoft 365 Blog
- Erik Kleefeldt auf Twitter: „Microsoft Communities ist da 🟣 für Teams Free 🟣 um sich in Gruppen besser organisieren zu können, z.B. im örtlichen Sportverein. „🟣 Easily post messages to everyone in the group. 🟣Organize events and add them to the community calendar for everyone t…https://t.co/m6odLPtps5“ / Twitter