In this post I describe what Microsoft provides with canvas apps in PowerApps (in preview, August 2018) to add guests (people not within your company) so that guests can collaborate and work with you on a business process (app) within your Office 365 tenant.
Basically you’ll be able to share canvas PowerApps for guests. What do I have to do?
- Create a canvas app in PowerApps
- Add guests to your Azure Active Directory
- Assign licenses to your newly added guests
- Share the (canvas) PowerApps (https://make.powerapps.com)
Guests will receive a mail notification that they are invited.
- Guests can access the shared app via (Browser, iOS, Android)
- Collaborate with guests on your business processes apps based on PowerApps
- Provide feedback to Microsoft to improve services (see link at the bottom)
Conclusion, opinion and summary
The Microsoft PowerPlatform evolves steadily and new capabilities are added to ease collaboration within the Microsoft Cloud as well as with stakeholders external to your cloud tenant. This is a really impressiv journey for all of us.
- It adds more possibilities to your business, your clients and partners.
- It enables you, your clients and partners to get things done together within your business processes/es.
- There are almost infinit opportunities to design your business processes and interactions for business processes by utilizing the PowerPlatform.
- You can allow collaboration internal as well as external to for your company’s business processes built on (canvas apps) in PowerApps based on the PowerPlatform.
- You can start with codeless or low-code apps to get things started and also done in little time.